If you're reading this, there's a good chance you've heard of Shopify. It's one of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the internet. But does Shopify work? Does it live up to the hype? In this post, I'm going to give you an honest review of Shopify. I'll explain what it is, what type of platforms you can create with it, and how easy it is to use. Plus, I'll compare it to some other popular site-building platforms so you can decide for yourself if it's the right choice for you.
What is Shopify? – Does Shopify Work?
Shopify is a platform that allows you to create an online store. It's simple to use and comes with everything you need to run a successful eCommerce business.
With Shopify, you can sell products online, in-person, and even on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Plus, there are no transaction fees when you use Shopify, which is a huge plus.
For anyone who has ever wanted to start an online store, Shopify has been the go-to platform for the last decade. That's for a good reason! It's simple to use and has a ton of features and integrations. Plus, it is supported by a large community who are experts in eCommerce.
Different Websites You Can Create with Shopify
Shopify is an eCommerce website builder that allows you to create different types of online stores. You can sell physical or digital products, and there are no limits to the number of products you can sell.
Here is a list of types of Websites you can create with Shopify:
|Online Stores||You can sell physical or digital products, and there are no limits to the number of products you can sell.|
|Portfolio Websites||Showcase your work with a portfolio website. Shopify makes it easy to showcase your images, videos, and projects in one place.|
|Business Websites||Create a website for your brick-and-mortar business. Use Shopify to showcase your products, services, and company culture.|
|Landing Pages||Drive traffic to your landing page with Shopify's built-in SEO tools and social media integration.|
|Forums||Create a forum to connect with like-minded people. Shopify makes it easy to moderate and manage your forum.|
Shopify also allows you to create a blog, which is perfect for sharing your thoughts on your latest products or giving advice to potential customers.
Whether you are just getting started, have some experience, or are an ultra-successful affiliate marketer, this 4 step formula is made for you!
How Much Does it Cost to Get Started with Shopify?
To get started with Shopify, you can choose from one of their three plans:
- Basic Shopify Plan Starts at $29 per Month.
- The Normal Shopify plan Starts at $79 per Month.
- Advanced Shopify Plan Starts at $299 per Month.
Shopify also offers a 14-day free trial, so you can try out their platform before you commit to a paid plan.
How to Create a Shopify Account – Does Shopify Work?
Creating a Shopify account is easy and only takes a few minutes. Just go to their website and enter your email address, password, and store name.
Then, you’ll be prompted to enter your personal information and billing details.
Once you have an account, you can start building your online store.
The Process of Creating Your Online Platform Inside Shopify
A lot of online entrepreneurs are weary of creating websites because they lack web design skills. Shopify takes that worry away.
Shopify offers users customizable themes so you can create a professional website without having to hire a web designer. If you want more control over the design of your website, you can always hire a Shopify Expert to help you customize your theme.
Below is a detailed Tutorial on creating your Shopify store:
Features of Shopify – Does Shopify Work?
Shopify offers a wide range of features to help you build and manage your online store.
Some of the most popular features include:
- A Customizable Platform: Shopify offers a variety of themes and customization options to help you create a unique look for your store.
- Easy-to-Use Drag-and-Drop Editor: Shopify’s drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to add products, images, and text to your store.
- Built-in Blog: With Shopify, you can easily create a blog to share your thoughts on your latest products or give advice to potential customers.
- A Mobile App: Shopify’s mobile app allows you to manage your store on the go.
- Wide Range of Features: In addition to the features mentioned above, Shopify also offers a wide range of features to help you build and manage your online store.
Customization Options for Your Shopify Store
Shopify offers a wide range of customization options to help you create a unique look for your store.
Some of the most popular customization options include:
- Changing the Color Scheme: With Shopify, you can easily change the color scheme of your store.
- Adding a Logo: You can add a logo to your store by clicking on the “Settings” tab from your Shopify dashboard and then clicking on the “Logo” link.
- Adding a Favicon: A favicon is a small icon that appears next to your store’s name in the browser. To add a favicon, click on the “Settings” tab from your Shopify dashboard and then click on the “Favicon” link.
- Changing the Font: You can change the font of your store by clicking on the “Settings” tab from your Shopify dashboard and then clicking on the “Typography” link.
- Adding Social Media Buttons: You can add social media buttons to your store by clicking on the “Settings” tab from your Shopify dashboard and then clicking on the “Social media” link.
Comparisons to Other Site-Building Platforms
If you’re considering using Shopify to build your online store, you may be wondering how it compares to other site-building platforms.
Here are some of the most popular site-building platforms and how they compare to Shopify:
- WordPress: WordPress is a popular content management system that can be used to build a variety of websites, including online stores. While WordPress is a versatile platform, it’s not as user-friendly as Shopify and can be more difficult to use for beginners.
- Wix: Wix is another popular website builder that offers a drag-and-drop editor and a wide range of templates. However, Wix is not very easy when it comes to building eCommerce stores.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is a popular website builder that offers a variety of templates and a drag-and-drop editor. However, like Wix, Squarespace is not as easy when it comes to eCommerce sites.
- Weebly: Weebly is another popular website builder that offers a drag-and-drop editor and a wide range of templates. However, Weebly can be very difficult to use for many website designs.
- BigCommerce: BigCommerce is a popular eCommerce platform that offers a wide range of features and customization options. However, BigCommerce is very similar to Shopify but is lacking some important features.
My Personal Experience with Shopify – Does Shopify Work?
When I first got interested in Online Business, I tried my hand at Drop-Shipping using Shopify. I created a dog owner site and had some success but nothing life-changing. In all honesty, using Shopify was awesome. All the tools I needed were at my disposal. The problem was I just wasn't into this type of business model.
Ecommerce is a business model that you really need to have a passion for. It's not hard, there are just a lot of aspects of it that must be attended to daily. Now, there are a lot of people that enjoy this thriving business model. So, I think it really comes down to the person.
Overall, I would say my experience with Shopify was positive. It is a great platform that is relatively easy to use. I actually thoroughly enjoyed using Shopify. If I had any issues whatsoever it was answered immediately by the amazing support staff.
They are always willing to help you out no matter what the issue is.
Can You Earn a Primary Income from Shopify?
The answer to this question is, yes, you can earn a primary income from Shopify. I know many people who have done it and are doing it right now.
Does that mean it's easy? No, not by any means. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication but it is possible to make a full-time income from Shopify.
Check Out My Post on Passive Income Below:
>>Passive Online Income: The Best Option for a Secure Financial Future<<
Do I Recommend Shopify? – Does Shopify Work?
Yes, I do recommend Shopify. I think it's a great platform that is user-friendly and has everything you need to succeed.
If you're thinking about starting an online store, I say go for it.
Just be prepared to work hard and don't give up. If you do those two things, you'll be successful.
You Can Give Shopify a Test Drive Below:
Start Your Online Store Today with Shopify!!!
My #1 Training Recommendation for Online Business
If you're serious about starting an online business, the best thing you can do is invest in some training. I'm not talking about a couple of eBooks or some $17 course. I'm talking about quality training that will teach you everything you need to know about building a successful online business.
The training I recommend is called Wealthy Affiliate. It's the same training I used when I started my online business and it's the training that has helped me succeed.
Wealthy Affiliate is a comprehensive free training program that will teach you everything you need to know about starting and building a successful online business. The best part is, it's free to join.
You Can Join Wealthy Affiliate for Free by Clicking Here!!!
I hope you enjoyed this review of Shopify. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below and I'll be happy to answer them.
4 thoughts on “Does Shopify Work?: Creating a Profitable Online Store”
You said you used to use the Shopify Platform for your dropshipping business model. Have you tried it for affiliate marketing as well?
I’m an affiliate marketer. For now, I’m promoting products or services through my blog posts. However, the idea of creating an online store is what I have been thinking over for the last couple of months.
Does Shopify present a possibility to insert the products or services as affiliate links? Instead of the product cart, the payment system, and so on. Because in the case of affiliate links all the payment process takes place at the vendor’s website, or the affiliate network, or whatever. But not within my eCommerce Store.
Besides, you say that there is also a blog option in Shopify. Can it be linked to each product page for a bigger description? Like a normal affiliate review?
Thanks a lot.
Hi Vlad, I never did use it for affiliate marketing, because at the time I was not an affiliate of any programs. I was just really starting out. I have however heard of people using it with affiliate marketing with great success.
I am not quite sure about adding affiliate links instead of products, but seeing as they have many different templates to build your site on; I’m sure they allow it.
And Yes, since you can create a blog then I am sure you can add affiliate links.
I did not spend much time on shopify. I was only working with building one store on dogs and didn’t really delve into other aspects of the platform.
However, I do think it is an amazing platform for anyone wanting to Branch Out into eCommerce.
So much great information, and as someone who has a few years of online sales through using e-commerce platforms, I found this page very useful. I will be checking this site out soon. Does Shopify have many features that will be available upon subscription purchase, or will there be an additional cost for certain features? Also, with the 14-day free trial are all the features available to try? If not, which ones are? Thank you.
The trial period gives you access to all the features within Shopify. Also ,depending on the plan that you decide when your trial is up, you will get access to features that will go with the site you create. Yes there are features that are extra but those I never really got the chance to dabble in. There are also new features that have been added since I was a member, so I’m sure it has made it even bettter.